As part of the development team, the K2 Developer works on diverse BPM-based bespoke solutions and integration development projects for clients, globally.
- Design, develop and support bespoke BPM solutions and integrations, based on client requirements, using K2 Blackpearl and K2 SmartForms.
- Working closely with Business Process Analysts and clients during discovery phases to ascertain and validate requirements.
- Adherence to development standards and best practices, as well as maintenance of code libraries
- Technical delivery and quality standards within client projects and products
- Develop enhancements and perform defect resolution to existing client solutions, based upon reported issues, client feedback or the product roadmap
- Perform third line (development) support for clients and their users globally, also liaising with Support and Training teams to resolve issues and to feedback information to such teams to assist in skills transfer
- Development, unit and integration testing of software
- Documentation/modelling of User/System requirements, System/Module/Component designs
- Working closely with both Sydney-based local staff, as well as the UK-based development team.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Verify the quality of development deliverables through quality control processes, peer review, unit testing and code reviews
- When acting in the role of technical lead, responsibility for the technical delivery and quality of the product
- Report to and take direction from the Head of Development
- Ensure that development best practices, documentation and coding standards are followed and enhanced where possible
- Close liaison with both Clients and also with Pre-sales, Consultants and Project Managers, to gather functional requirements and to produce technical documentation based upon them
- Production of accurate estimates for bespoke applications development and applications integration activities
- Preparing accurate Process Definition, Statement of Work, functional or technical specification documents or product backlogs with validated requirements or user stories, acceptance criteria, quantifiable estimates and stated deliverables
- Working to an agreed specification, product backlog or statement of work to complete projects, as directed and scheduled, to timescale, estimates and within budget. Communicating all potential risks, issues and reporting progress to PMO, Head of Development and the Client, throughout
- Comply with agreed methodology, standards, policies and procedures to produce a consistently high standard of documentation, and ensure strong governance, sharing knowledge and providing feedback and ideas so that performance is continually improved
- Attending daily scrum meetings for projects and ensuring the status and progress on all current work is kept updated and communicated at all times
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Designing, developing, integrating with, implementing or supporting BPM processes developed on the K2 platform.
- Significant, proven experience of delivering projects across K2 Blackpearl, K2 SmartForms and K2 SmartObjects.
- Designing, developing, integrating with, implementing or supporting on SharePoint (2007, 2010, 2013) would be advantageous
- Web development/UI/UX skills would be hugely advantageous and beneficial to the role
- Database analysis and design
- Significant exposure to industry-standard methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall, ITIL and PRINCEII
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer or equivalent would be beneficial
- Full SDLC project experience from requirement gathering to delivery.
- Experience in enterprise-level scalable, distributable, multi- tiered environments
- Proven capabilities in OO design and implementation
- Proven experience of working within an Agile (SCRUM) software development process and comfortable running backlog estimation, TDD, Sprints, Planning Poker, retrospectives in a transparent manner
- Experience working directly with clients in a highly professional manner
- Proven skills and experience in a customer interface role
- Good problem management skills – able to see a problem through to a solution
- Capacity to learn, to assimilate information quickly and to acquire new skills
- Ability to analyse technical challenges and approaches solutions in a systematic fashion
- A resourceful team player, who demonstrates a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven experience of working effectively in a small team and showing an ability to work on own initiative and manage multiple priorities, whilst remaining approachable and professional, is an absolute must-have
- The ability to learn and absorb large quantities of information and take on new skills in a relatively short period of time and to work to agreed deadlines and timescales in an often stressful environment is essential
- As the role involves frequent and direct contact with our clients, excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are a necessity
- Working closely with directors and clients ensuring projects are completed on time/budget
- Participating in client meetings when appropriate and be able to discuss technical issues in a clear and positive way to non-technical audiences